Yesterday, Timothy went on a "gentlemen's hunt" with some people from work. He claims he was working since he handed out a business card. Okay, Timo. Whatever you say.
He went last year as well the basically the same group of people, but the difference is that this year he brought home a couple of the ducks they shot. These ducks were mallards, and he brought home a female and a male. Kristen was asleep when he came home, but AJ was awake and very interested in what Daddy had in the bag. Timothy let him hold up the ducks, and I got a picture.
He didn't really know what to think about them, but he was interested in what we were doing with them. When Timo asked if he should cut them up to get the meat to eat, his response was, "Yeah, but I don't like the green part." He then followed Timo outside to cut out the meat, although he was more interested in playing than in watching the process.
Sometime this week we will be enjoying bacon-wrapped duck strips. We shall see how they turn out.
1 comment:
I have a sneaking suspicion that AJ might grow up to be a hunter like his daddy...
And isn't a "gentleman's hunt" just back to basics...bringing home the bacon? At least you got the "bacon" this year :)
I plucked a duck when I was in Africa...and I much appreciate store-bought poultry now!!
Post a Comment