Friday, January 28, 2011

Sick House and Birthdays

The past week, I have been the not-so-proud owner and manager of my very own sick house. H came down with a fever Friday, and the fun just continued from there with every one of my kids coming down with a fever and cough. My boys also got diarrhea, and H sprained his ankle. One week later, K is back in school, the boys are still a little congested and still coughing, but feeling better, and H still has diarrhea (even in the middle of the night). However, H is also willing to limp around with my help once in a while, and he crawls around most places. This is a huge step forward from not being willing to move around at all and just whimpering when he felt abandoned or wanted me to move him. I carried him around a lot yesterday (read: I didn't get much else done).

It has not all been bad, though. I have definitely enjoyed the extra time with all three kids, even if the circumstances were not ideal. Plus, I had some friends over to celebrate my birthday on Saturday evening. They didn't mind my sick kids, and it was a special time of fellowship for me. This was especially important since my actual birthday dinner consisted of leftover chicken soup and birthday cake. We we supposed to have a date night, but I wasn't going to leave my sick kids with anyone else -- even their Farfar. It didn't seem fair to either side.

I am hoping for a sense of normalcy tomorrow. I know my family and friends have been praying for us. Thanks so much.

No comments: