I rode my bike to pick up the kids from school yesterday. I was probably a little insane to do it, but I figured that it was a good way to get some exercise. It is only about 8 miles each way, and there are no major hills except a short one on our road.
I started out about an hour before I needed to be there, and I arrived in plenty of time. Hunter slept most of the way, which was good, but his poor little cheeks were flushed, and his nose was running from the wind and cool air. In all fairness, I did try to put him in the trailer, which would have been better-protected. He was so squirmy, though, that I thought it was safer to put him on the seat behind me.
I am so glad that most of the way back was slightly downhill (with a few moments of slight incline) since I could definitely feel the 90+ extra pounds from toting three kids with me. I was afraid my legs would be like Jello, but I was fine when I got home. I kept moving around, so I never got stiff, but my legs were pretty tired by the time I went to bed.
The good news is that I don't really feel sore today. I am not sure if/when I will do it again, but I can't say that I have any regrets about doing it once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! That's quite and accomplishment...! I'm impressed! Super woman :)
Re: Yes, I used the ramekins for the pie. I figured I'd use them for something more than souffles (which I, as it turned out, didn't like all that much.) What else could I use them for? Did you find them at City Gross btw?
Re: :) It really was a great idea, ha! Being able to use individual combos + the servings were just enough for us to eat = no levftovers to go bad... I made them a little "deeper" than I would a large pie but baked them for the same amount of time. Easy! :) I'm glad you were able to get a hold of the ramekins!
Post a Comment