Saturday, May 22, 2010

Run? No, Bike Ride


Today was the day I was going to kick off my running program. Inspired by my friend, Elisabet, who ran a race today (I am not sure how long), my cousin's wife, Beth, who ran a half-marathon Mother's Day weekend, my friend, Rachel, who ran a marathon this spring, and my friend, Cheryl, who lost over 30 pounds from running and is now getting ready for her first trail race -- a 12k run, I thought I should get in shape, too. I don't need to lose weight, but my cardiovascular system could use some work, and my muscles could use some toning.
Well, when it came down to it, I thought a bike ride with the kids to get some fresh strawberries just sounded like more fun. I still got some exercise (the ride is at least 8 miles, total), but I also got to take my kids with me, and I got to eat some absolutely delicious strawberries when we were all done. We actually got three containers, but the third one didn't last long enough for me to get the camera out.
Hunter got to taste his first fresh Swedish strawberries (he was hesitant at first, but, when he tried them, he wanted more), and Kristen and AJ relished theirs as well.
I may go running another day, but I think I will make this bike ride to buy strawberries a summertime weekend tradition (weather permitting). The kids enjoyed it, and the ride is actually quite enjoyable.

1 comment:

C E C I L I A said...

Sounds sooo much better than a run! :)