Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Trip to the Lake


This afternoon was absolutely gorgeous. The sun was shining, and, after two days of rain and gloom, all of us were anxious to get outside to enjoy the fresh air.

After lunch, Timothy disappeared outside to get some yard work done, and I helped the kids get ready to go out as well. After feeding Hunter, he and I also headed outdoors. I put him in his stroller, and we started walking down the driveway. AJ was on his bike, and he indicated that he wanted to ride with us. Kristen opted to stay home to be with Daddy, so it was just Mommy and her boys. I had the camera bag strapped on my back as we started out, on the off chance that we should come across any photo-ops.

After walking for a while, I asked AJ if he wanted to turn back. He told me he wanted to go to the lake, so onward we trekked. Once we got there, I took advantage of the camera and the serene beauty of the water to take some pictures of him.




Upon returning home, Kristen decided that she wanted to go have a picnic dinner at the lake. Having made no preparations for this, I nixed the idea, but I left open the option to go for dessert. Timothy was supposed to go to a meeting for the coaches of Kristen's soccer team this evening, but he misunderstood where to go. This meant that he was free to join us. We packed up three brownies and two chocolate chip cookies before loading up the kids in the backs of the bikes.

Kristen and Hunter road in the trailer behind me.


My bike and the trailer at the lake.

Once we got to the lake, I decided to snap some pictures of Kristen to compensate for her earlier absence. Then we settled down for the main event: dessert.


AJ opted for a chocolate chip cookie.

Kristen munching on a brownie.

Hunter in Daddy's lap


Kristen played with sticks in the water after she finished her brownie.


Shortly before we left, I put shoes on Hunter, gathered the munchkins, and snapped some pictures of the three of them together.


What a refreshing afternoon and evening. I am so thankful we have a place close by to take the kids for short outings such as this one.

1 comment:

The Sharum's said...

Love the pictures!!